Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Since When is Hell an Energy Drink?

There is no such thing as a quick errand. This evening all I wanted was to develop a few pictures at the local Kodak store. It should have been easy (famous last words, I know). You put your card in the bright yellow computer, make a few decisions, and pick up your photos 15 minutes later from the very unhappy lady behind the counter. But tonight it didn't happen that way. Tonight it took over an hour. Ah well.

That meant I had an hour to meander through the mall and exercise self-control. Below is a photo of my most fascinating find, or at least a portion of it.

Yep, that's right. I've seen "Hell" energy drinks before, but tonight in Tesco there was a display so big you can probably see it from outer space. At first, it made me chuckle (and take a picture). Who would want to drink something called Hell? How could Hell possibly be a good thing? Yuck.

And then I realized it must be appealing to a whole lot of people, otherwise it wouldn't be for sale. Lots of people must think a drink called Hell is exactly what they want. Seems crazy to me.

Wow. What a reminder that without Christ, Truth is just plain foolishness, completely distorted. Join me in praying that God would continue to draw Hungarians to Himself. Pray they would find satisfaction and refreshment, not it a can of caffeine, but in Jesus!

No comments:

<