Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope you all had wonderful weekends full of celebration and thankfulness. I know mine was sure special. Several of the other new teachers and I were invited over to a Thanksgiving feast at the home of another teacher at ICSB. There were three missionary families there, along with about 10 other adults. We had a great time, and it almost felt like we were in the States. My biggest triumph was the green bean casserole! (I had to fry the onions myself, since Hungary doesn't stock French's Fried Onions!) We even had deviled eggs and sweet potato casserole, and turkey. On an interesting note, our turkey was really fresh...killed only a week ago! (There's not such a rush on turkeys here, ya know!) Anyways, pictures to come soon of the green bean casserole...it was pretty impressive!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Are you saying my turkey isn't fresh? Just what is fresh, huh? I'm looking forward to seeing the shot of the casserole. You are a regular Betty Crocker since you moved to another country. When you come back....if you come back....you can be our head cook! "Home Cooking with Emily."

<