Friday, November 27, 2009

Where did I put my electric rollers?

I got a haircut today, and I must say, it is delightful. (Or at least I think it will be once I get to style it for myself.) I took a few pics to share with you because the "do" I got today reminds me of being in high school again.




The hairstylists here in Hungary have redefined blow-drying for me. To them, it is an art like I have never seen. I think it takes them twice as long to style my hair than it does to shampoo and cut it, but boy does it look sleek and shiny when I leave.

Today was a little different, though. The girl who cut my hair asked if I wanted "blow-dry, curly, or straight". When I said I didn't care, she said, "Ok, a little curly." I wasn't too sure what that meant, so I thought I'd let you know.

It means....

She got two round metal brushes and used them like hot rollers, taking pieces of my hair and rolling it around them until my hair cooled in curls. For a while I had so much metal in my head I thought I was going to pick up a radio signal.
The result? Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy. And I thought this look was only cool in the 10th grade. I took a few pics in the bathroom so you could see :) I'm not great at self-portraits, so be gracious.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Haircut's cute, even curly. The pics of you taking pics with the mirror make me smile. How was that for gracious? Love ya!

<