Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmastime is here...in Hungary, anyways...

The commercialization of Christmas is in full force here in Hungary. I went to the mall this weekend and my favorite Christmas tree is now decorated. It's about two stories tall, but the fake snow is only on the bottom 3 feet or so - only at eye level. Apparently at the mall, snow falls from the ground up. Go figure.

This weekend my roommate Kim and I attended a delightful perfomance of Narnia (the musical) put on by a group of homeschool kids in our community. Beforehand we went Christmas decoration window-shopping. I took some pictures at Kika that I thought I would share with you.

This glitzy thing is probably an angel - we weren't totally sure.

Here is Kim with angel wings...isn't she cute!

I tried on some reindeer antlers, but the pair I picked up was broken, so my antlers are a little floppy.

On a more interesting note, there were trees hung from the ceiling throughout the store. I'm going to have to do a little more research on that one...

No comments:

<