Sunday, October 28, 2007

Trip to Poland!

Finally! I'm sitting down at my computer and ready to post another entry on this blog. Things have been more than crazy a while, babysitting some great kids, the first quarter at school, and visiting Poland. This weekend has been a much needed time of rest. Yesterday was Saturday and I did no schoolwork AT ALL! (More rare than you would imagine!) What's more, this weekend was the time change and I gained an hour of sleep last night.

I thought I'd post some fun pics from my trip to Poland.

Last weekend I went to Poland with several other women from the missionary community here in Budapest. Jennifer, one of the ladies who planned the trip, is an aficionado in this area, and boy was I thankful. We drove about eight hours to the town of Boleslawiecs and spent two days exploring the factory stores that sell Polish pottery. On the last day, we even went to a factory where they make and decorate the pottery by hand. It was so much fun, and I purchased my first set of real dishes! These pics are from the factory. The lady is stamping a plate and the man is cutting the stamps from foam with a tiny pair of scissors - amazing! (Another interesting note, inside the factory we saw boxes that were being shipped to TJ Maxx and Marshall's!)

No comments:

<