Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Great Saturday



This morning I met a group of teachers and students at school and headed about 1/2 hour away to Velence to an orphanage. We played games, drew pictures of our shadows, painted each other's fingernails, and told the story of Noah and the ark. I chaperoned the trip to this orphanage twice last year, but this was the first one I have been on where I was basically in charge. Praise the Lord, nothing scary happened! The kids seemed to have a great time - I know I did. One of the biggest hits every time we go are our digital cameras. They are amazed every time they look at themselves on the tiny screens. I've attached a few to this blog entry for you to see.

Also, this coming week, there are several school families away at conferences. That means I am "babysitting" a family of 4 kids for the week! The highlight thus far? I pulled the lasagna out of the refrig. and it was stuck to the package of bacon below. I laughed, amused, and held the lasagna up with the bacon. It was fun until 30 seconds later when the two were no longer frozen together and the pyrex baking dish with the homemade lasagna burst on the floor. (Thankfully, there's a second lasagna in the other freezer! YES!)

3 comments:

Uncle Mut said...

Love that first picture...what great expressions!
M

Daphne said...

Thanks so much for all of the posts - now I can look at your blog more often as you are keeping it up to date! I love hearing all about everything and will continue praying for you! Love and miss you!

Sheila said...

Hooray for blogs! I look forward yto keeping up with you via blog!

<