Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Dinner and a Story


Last night we had our staff Christmas dinner at a restaurant in Budapest. Here's a picture of my table! We sat in a fun little corner with a cozy lamp and a good view of the street for people watching! From left to right, Annah Kate, Laura, me, and Mary.




I also thought I might share a story that many of you will appreciate. Yesterday afternoon I was walking through Diosd doing a little shopping and buying a tasty pastry, kurtos-kolacs, that's only sold on Friday afternoons. I bumped into some of my middle school girls, and we ended up having a fun conversation. My favorite part was about trips to Disney World because of the two excerpts below:


1. Discussing their favorite roller coaster:


Me: "Is that ride new?"


Them: "No, it's really, really, old."


Me: "Oh, I don't remember it from the last time I was there."


Them: "When was the last time you were there?"


Me: "1998"


Them: "Oh, wow, yeah, that was before the ride was built!"


2. Discussing height limits on rides at amusement parks:


Them: "Are you tall enough to ride the rides at amusement parks?"


Me: Speechless.....

1 comment:

Janet said...

Guess that means you're an old, short thing, huh? What does that make me?

<