Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hello from Hungary!


Hi everyone! This is my first attempt at a blog and sharing pictures. I hope I'll be able to use this site during the next year to post pictures and other excerpts from my adventures in Eastern Europe. Be sure to check back often for some hopefully exciting updates!

I thought I'd add a few photos of my first couple of days here! This is of me (and my luggage, and some of my roomate's luggage) in the Budapest airport! Thankfully, a nice non-English-speaking Hungarian was able to pile these onto my cart! Otherwise, I might still be there!


The next pictures are some from my new apartment, right across the street from the school. Most notable are the "Sesame Street" orange couch covered with several blue blankets, the red cabinets with inlaid circles for handles, and the Soviet refrigerator! Thankfully, our decades old fridge is working quite well and is now stocked with lots of food!

The director's wife transported us to Ikea and Auchan (French Wal-Mart) to do some shopping, so now we're learning how to light our gas stove and oven. It's quite the adventure, but our landlord says it's a "safety stove" ...that means we can't blow ourselves up!

Our apartment has been used by ICSB teachers for several years now, so there was even a Brita water pitcher with a brand new filter.



1 comment:

Janet said...

Hey there! Looks like you have everything in order and ready for the start of school and your stay in Hungary. Those blue blankets on the sofa have got to go though! I want to see pictures two months from now to see if the refrig is as clean and as full of "good for you" foods. Praying for you and for all the folks at ICSB. Love you!

<